We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner with our members and the greater association community. As we monitor guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), we invite you to do the same. The following resources are designed to streamline the flood of COVID-19 Coronavirus information circulating and offer tips to help you and your association move forward in this changing business environment. If you have any questions or would like to share what your organization is doing, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governor Evers issues Safer at Home order
Gov. Tony Evers has directed Department of Health Services (DHS) Secretary-designee Andrea Palm to issue a Safer at Home order that prohibits all nonessential travel, with some exceptions as clarified and defined in the order. The order is available here.
The order is effective at 8:00 am on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, and will remain in effect until 8 am Friday, April 24, 2020, or until a superseding order is issued.
Things to think about
- Providing relevant and up-to-date information to your members and event attendees
- Supporting prevention in public gatherings
- Changing the culture of greetings and interactions (i.e. “elbow bumps” instead of hugs or handshakes)
- Educating members and event attendees on good hygiene practices (i.e. Reminder at general sessions along with plenty of signage to reinforce the message)
- Providing hand sanitizer throughout events
- Educating staff on how to handle potential situations (i.e. an attendee showing symptoms)
- Evaluating event cancellation insurance (new policies or changes to current policies) and meetings policies
- Reviewing facility policies and preparation when working with hotels/convention centers/other venues
- Redesigning sick leave and work-from-home policies for staff