Have you experienced an association success you would be willing to share with your WSAE colleagues by authoring an article for VantagePoint, the quarterly magazine of WSAE? Or perhaps a fail, that the rest of us could learn from? We would love to hear any article ideas that you have! Plus, you can earn CAE credits toward your certification renewal (unfortunately, this does not apply toward first-time CAE candidates). Please contact email@example.com for more information.
WSAE VantagePoint Author Guidelines
Style and requirements
- In general, WSAE style conforms to the Merriam Webster Collegiate Dictionary and The Associated Press Stylebook.
- Please submit all text copy electronically in MS Word.
- We are flexible with regards to word count, and can work with articles of just about any length. As a rough guideline: One page article = 650 words; Two-page article = 900 to 1200 words or more.
- We reserve the right to edit for styles and formatting.
- Please note that the editorial council may inject Wisconsin-based subject matter (interviews, stories, quotes) into articles from outside sources.
- To avoid overt commercialism, in the case of outside consultants/vendors, an author's company name cannot appear within the body of the article. This will be acknowledged in a small box, with the author's headshot, at the end of the article.
- Please identify each author, position, and place of employment.
- Send a professional headshot with your article submission.
- Authors should feel free, even encouraged, to share an article after it's been published. We do ask that this does not happen until after distribution of the publication.
- Authors are, as we mentioned, encouraged to promote their article via LinkedIn and other outlets (WSAE blog?). Please include mention (and a link?) that the article was published in the Season-Year issue of VantagePoint magazine, the quarterly publication of the Wisconsin Society of Association Executives (WSAE).
- If the author wishes to have the article published in another publication, again we ask that this happens after the publication and distribution of the article in VantagePoint, and includes a statement that it is a reprint of an article that was first published in the Season-Year issue of VantagePoint magazine, the quarterly publication of the Wisconsin Society of Association Executives (WSAE).
- A high resolution electronic headshot of the author is necessary and appreciated.
- High resolution electronic files are preferred. Electronic photos should be taken at the highest setting possible. If scanning your own photos, the resulting file must be 300 dpi. Note: Photos scanned for use on the web or copied from the web are not acceptable due to their low resolution.
Submit articles to:
Wisconsin Society of Association Executives (WSAE)
6737 W Washington St | Suite 4210
Milwaukee, WI 53214
(414) 388-WSAE (9723)